Elections for 2021 are happening at the 6 January 2021 Chapter Meeting!
The Surfrider Foundation Massachusetts Chapter is expecting to have the following volunteer executive committee positions open:
- Vice Chair
Additional roles may become available if unanticipated changes occur to the makeup of our current executive committee.
All current members of the Surfrider Foundation are eligible to vote and run for a position on our executive board. (Not a member yet? Join here as a sustaining member for as little as $5/month!) The term for each position is two years. Additional details about the typical responsibilities for each position are included at the bottom of this page.
The elections will be held at our January 2021 Chapter Meeting on Wednesday, January 6th, starting at 6:30 pm via Zoom. You may register for this meeting using the Chapter’s online meeting registration form.
Please contact us if you have any questions or are considering running for a position!
- Runs meetings in the Chair’s absence
- Performs other duties of the Chair as needed
- Contributes to the chapter’s website and social media pages
- Uses the Vicechair@ email address for chapter related emails
- Maintains chapter financial records
- Establishes and or maintain chapter bank account with proper signers
- Reports chapter financial transactions at monthly meetings
- Use the Treasurer@ email address for chapter related emails
- Submits quarterly financial reports to the national office
- Pays chapter bills
- Gives donor information to Secretary for thank you letters
- Adheres to the Chapter Financial Manual Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines