Elections are happening in January!
The Surfrider Foundation Massachusetts Chapter is expecting to have the following volunteer executive committee positions open:
- Volunteer Coordinator
Additional roles may become available if members of our current executive committee shift to other positions.
All paid members are eligible to run for a position on our executive board. The term for each position is two years. Additional details about the typical responsibilities for each position are included at the bottom of this page.
Elections will be held at our January 2019 Chapter Meeting on Wednesday, January 2nd at 6:30 pm in the Eastern Bank Community Room at 250 Elm St, Somerville, MA.
Please contact us if you have any questions or are considering running for a position!
- Runs meetings in the Chair’s absence
- Performs other duties of the Chair as needed
- Contributes to the chapter’s website and social media pages
- Uses the Vicechair@ email address for chapter related emails
- Maintains chapter financial records
- Establishes and or maintain chapter bank account with proper signers
- Reports chapter financial transactions at monthly meetings
- Use the Treasurer@ email address for chapter related emails
- Submits quarterly financial reports to the national office
- Pays chapter bills
- Gives donor information to Secretary for thank you letters
- Adheres to the Chapter Financial Manual Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines
- Leads volunteer recruitment by communicating those needs to the membership and posting volunteer opportunities elsewhere as appropriate
- Build and manage a database or list of volunteers and potential volunteers
- Gets to know volunteers, their interests and match them to opportunities
- Responds to inquiries from people seeking to volunteer
- Uses the Volunteercoordinator@email address for chapter related emails