The Surfrider Foundation MA Chapter is celebrating Ocean Friendly Restaurant (OFR) Appreciation Week from June 6-14, 2021!
From June 6th to June 14th 2021, we are celebrating MA's Ocean Friendly Restaurants, Juliet and Savino's Grill. All week, we will be featuring the OFR program on our social media channels, and we are honoring the occasion with a social media contest to win a gift card to your MA OFR of choice!
Read more below to find out how you can participate in OFR Appreciation Week and be entered in the contest!
How can I support restaurants and enter the raffle?
- Follow us on Instagram (@SurfriderMA) and Facebook (SurfriderMassChapter). Every time you interact with a post this week (such as liking or commenting on the post) you will gain one entry in the OFR Week gift card raffle.
- Eat at one of our OFRs (Juliet or Savinos Grill)! Send the receipt to our OFR Coordinator as proof and you’ll get five tickets entered in the OFR Week raffle and a Surfrider sticker. Make sure to post your meal on social media and tag the restaurant and @surfriderma.
- Post a review on Yelp/Google for our OFRs. In the review, mention their commitment to sustainability as a draw to the restaurant. Proof of a review sent to our OFR Coordinator will earn you three points in the raffle!
- Tell your friends to visit our OFRs and follow us on social media.
How can I support Surfrider MA's OFR Program?
- Come to our monthly OFR meeting! Please email our OFR Coordinator, Caitlin, if you would like to attend. Meeting attendees will earn 5 points to the OFR raffle. At the meeting you can learn how to:
- Add restaurants to our OFR tracker and learn more about the criteria for becoming an OFR in our OFR Resources Folder
- Recruit restaurants for the program in person/via email
- Print and post/distribute flyers in your area
- Send out postcards to restaurants that would be a good fit for the program
We can't wait to celebrate our Ocean Friendly Restaurants with you! Check out more information about the ocean friendly restaurants in Massachusetts and email our OFR Coordinator Caitlin at with any questions.