One of our focus areas is the problem of marine debris, and especially the significant threats that plastic pollution poses to marine life, global ecosystems, and our own well-being. While the ocean faces many grave dangers, we believe that marine debris is a specific area where outreach, human-level solutions, and grassroots activism can make a real difference.
How You Can Help!
As an all-volunteer organization, our efforts depend entirely on your support! Here are some of the many different ways you can get on board to help the cause:
- Make personal choices and reduce your use of single-use plastics whenever possible. For example:
- Bring reusable bags for your shopping
- Use your own reusable beverage containers
- Refuse plastic drinking straws
- Learn about and support our Massachusetts Campaigns to promote ocean-protecting legislation at the state and local levels
- Attend our Monthly Core Volunteer Meeting: We meet at 6:30 pm on the first Wednesday of every month on Zoom or in the Eastern Bank Community Room, 250 Elm St, Somerville, MA 02144 in Davis Square. Help shape what we do and find out how you can take part in Surfrider Massachusetts volunteer opportunities – get involved and help us protect our coast! Check our Facebook events page for more information or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Join in our National Surfrider Campaigns
- Check out our events listing and come out to one of our events!
- Like us on Facebook and spread the word to your friends and family!
- Write to us to learn more about volunteer opportunities and to be added to our mailing list
- Please consider joining or donating to the Surfrider Foundation