News from Surfrider NationalUnable to display feed at this time.
News from Surfrider Coastal Blog
- Students Build Garden Friendly To Ocean & Butterflies October 24, 2014This project got started when Surfrider-First Coast Chapter Ocean Friendly Garden (OFG) Coordinator, Paul Hayden, got a request from Fletcher Middle School Art Teacher, Chris Hicks (in Jacksonville Beach, Florida), to help turn three garden spots at the School into Ocean Friendly Butterfly Gardens.Surfrider Foundation
- Montauk, NY: Don’t Bag our Beach! October 24, 2014The Eastern Long Island Chapter has successfully grabbed the attention of their local newspaper by protesting a plan by the Army Corps to build up the beach of downtown Montauk with GeoTubes. A recent, unsolicited editorial noted the Chapter's position and put forth that the Corps' money would be better spent planning for coastal retreat then destr […]Surfrider Foundation
- How to Rise Above Plastics: Refuse, Reduce, Reuse and Recycle October 22, 2014 Surfrider Foundation
- Clean Up Cowell’s October 15, 2014Santa Cruz Chapter leader and Education Coordinator Amber Jones recently down with local Jack O’Neill to talk about the serious water quality issue at Cowell's Beach. The Chapter has been leading a campaign to get this popular beach off of California's dirtiest beach bummer list.Surfrider Foundation
- Sustainable Alternatives to Unfettered Offshore Drilling October 13, 2014Let’s face it: we are all creatures of habit. Some of our largest corporations supply us with energy through fossil fuels, which are drilled from the earth. We’ve had this arrangement for many years, but it isn’t working so well any more...Surfrider Foundation