News from Surfrider NationalUnable to display feed at this time.
News from Surfrider Coastal Blog
- It’s Official! CA Gov. Brown Signs Bag Ban Bill September 30, 2014On the eve of Rise Above Plastics Month, California’s statewide ban on single-use plastic bags has become official. Today, Governor Jerry Brown signed SB 270, the bill to ban single-use plastic bags and put a fee on paper bags.Surfrider Foundation
- Charlie Plybon, Oregon Policy Manager, Represents September 29, 2014Oregon Policy Manager Charlie Plybon was recently confirmed by the Oregon State Senate, and appointed by Governor John Kitzhaber to serve a 4 year term on the Oregon Ocean Policy Advisory Council as a representative for non-fishing recreation.Surfrider Foundation
- Court Rules in Favor of Access to Martin’s Beach! September 24, 2014Surfrider Foundation was triumphant in a very important legal battle today with the ruling of San Mateo Superior Court Judge Barbara J. Mallach in favor of Surfrider Foundation’s arguments to restore beach access at Martin’s Beach. Specifically, Surfrider Foundation filed this case on March 12, 2013 in order to enforce the beach access protections of the Cal […]Surfrider Foundation
- Do a Good Turn: An Interview with Shaun Tomson September 24, 2014Stuart Coleman, Surfrider Foundation's Hawaii Regional Manager, sits down with professional surfer and former world champion, environmentalist, businessman and longtime Surfrider Ambassador, Shaun Tomson.Surfrider Foundation
- CA Law Lets Homeowners Replace Grass Without Being Fined Or Sued September 19, 2014Homeowner association (HOA) residents can now replace their turf grass with low water use plants without fear of being fined or sued by their HOA. Less turf means cleaner surf, since urban runoff is the #1 source of ocean pollution.Surfrider Foundation