News from Surfrider NationalUnable to display feed at this time.
News from Surfrider Coastal Blog
- How to Rise Above Plastics: Refuse, Reduce, Reuse and Recycle October 22, 2014 Surfrider Foundation
- Clean Up Cowell’s October 15, 2014Santa Cruz Chapter leader and Education Coordinator Amber Jones recently down with local Jack O’Neill to talk about the serious water quality issue at Cowell's Beach. The Chapter has been leading a campaign to get this popular beach off of California's dirtiest beach bummer list.Surfrider Foundation
- Sustainable Alternatives to Unfettered Offshore Drilling October 13, 2014Let’s face it: we are all creatures of habit. Some of our largest corporations supply us with energy through fossil fuels, which are drilled from the earth. We’ve had this arrangement for many years, but it isn’t working so well any more...Surfrider Foundation
- Surfrider Prepares Appeal to Support Kaua’i GMO/Pesticide Ordinance October 3, 2014Even though Surfrider Foundation was not successful in our Intervention in support of Kaua'i County and their GMO/Pesticides Right to Know ordinance at the lower court, we have appealed the decision to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. Surfrider Foundation and our allies hope to prove that this type of law is not preempted by state law and should be w […]Surfrider Foundation
- Steps To Create An Ocean Friendly Garden October 3, 2014From checking out local gardens and evaluating your site, to hosting a workday, there are steps to success for both the garden owner and the Surfrider chapter.Surfrider Foundation