News from Surfrider NationalUnable to display feed at this time.
News from Surfrider Coastal Blog
- Starfish Wasting Disease November 18, 2014Scientists have just identified the virus to blame for a recent outbreak of starfish wasting disease that has decimated starfish populations up and down the Pacific coast of North America.Surfrider Foundation
- California Drought Ideas In Line With Surfrider’s Approach November 17, 2014Today's release of a report, which Surfrider contributed to, lists actions that state and federal agencies can take now and prepare for the future. It's right in line with Surfrider's Clean Water Initiative approach.Surfrider Foundation
- Surfrider Visits Washington D.C. to Lobby for Federal Priorities November 7, 2014Surfrider members and staff visited our nation’s capital to lobby for a set of federal priorities related to the protection of oceans, waves, and beaches.Surfrider Foundation
- The Proliferation of the Plastic Bag…BAN November 4, 2014Worldwide, nearly two million single-use plastic bags are used each minute. Plastic bags have consistently been reported in the top five most common forms of ocean litter. While these numbers are staggering, there seems to be more than a glimmer of hope as the number of single-use plastic bag bans is also on an uptick!Surfrider Foundation
- California’s Bag Ban Victory in Jeopardy November 4, 2014Even though the ink has barely dried on SB 270, the state bill to ban single-use plastic bags in California and require a fee on paper bags, the bag industry has pledged to drag the law onto the state ballot in 2016.Surfrider Foundation