Show up! (Conservation!) Join us for a SF MA Chapter monthly meeting!
You do not have to be a member to come to a meeting and contribute your energy and good ideas. Check our calendar for times and places.
We have monthly meetings in Somerville (Central Group), Hingham (South Shore Fin Group), Chatham (Cape Cod Fin Group) and coming soon in Beverly (North Shore Fin Group).
Join the Surfrider Foundation
Become a member of your local chapter and you will receive:
- Bi-monthly issues of Surfrider’s award-winning publication Making Waves.
- A Surfrider Membership sticker and coastal environment literature.
- A monthly e-blast with meeting reminders, upcoming events, and current campaign info.
- A Beach in a Bag welcome tote with Surfrider stickers, chapter and national info for memberships of $25 and above. For those joining at higher levels we’ll include swag from local sponsors!
Most importantly, by joining, you help support the many successful programs Surfrider Chapters around the world are working on to protect our precious environment. Your membership and contributions are 100% tax deductible!
How do I join?
- To join, fill out the National Surfrider Membership Form, or come to a meeting and sign up in person.
- To volunteer, email or come to a meeting. A volunteer training is planned for early this summer. Stay tuned.
Affinity (Fin) groups are forming on the South Shore and North Shore of Massachusetts. Organizing committees need your input on environmental issues in your area.
Volunteer Opportunities (Action!)
We table at many events in the summer to talk to the pubic and distribute information.
Beach Clean-ups, committee leadership roles in the chapter, staffing our annual STOKEE event …
See the Volunteer Opportunities page for more details.
Data Collection (Research!)
Surfrider has teamed up with The Extraordinaries iphone application producers to create an extra ordinary way to volunteer and be an advocate for coastal conservation. Help collect data on discarded plastic debris or water wasters! Search the projects for Surfrider Foundation and join a mission!
STOKEE – Surfing To Offer Kids Environmental Education
Sponsored by Brickhouse Boards Surfrider teams up with Big Brothers/Sisters, Little Brothers/Sister to get kids surfing and learning about the coastal environment.
Every winter Surfrider heads to the mountains to raise awareness about the impact that the ski areas via run-off have on the ocean. Stay tuned for the Winter 2010-2011 Snowrider schedule.